Scientist/Post-doc – Genome Engineering and Cell Differentiation (gn)
ISAR Bioscience GmbH is a newly founded translational research company in Planegg near Munich, supported by the Free State of Bavaria.
Our research focuses on degenerative diseases of the brain (Alzheimer’s), the heart (infarction, cardiac failure) and the immune system. We use human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPS) technologies to develop disease models for the discovery of novel drugs and cell therapies. In doing so, we enter into strategic partnerships with research institutions and industrial companies.
We are looking for Scientists to join our “Genome Engineering and Cell Differentiation” team (full-time position). Suitable candidates will join a vibrant and growing Start-up company, which is developing the next generation of disease models by differentiating human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC) into relevant cells of interest. Successful candidates must be highly motivated, skilled in hiPSC differentiation and preferably in CRISPR/Cas genome engineering technologies as well.
- Design, develop and perform standardized protocols for differentiation of hiPSCs into cell types of interest
- Develop, optimize and perform standardized protocols to characterize hiPSC derivatives
- Evaluate and implement cutting edge technologies for hiPSC-based cell differentiation in 2D and organoid cultures
- Implement efficient production of hiPSC derivatives for their use in allogeneic cell therapies
- Engineer and characterize hiPSC lines using CRISPR/Cas technologies
- Develop innovative strategies to support the team progression
- Critically and independently analyze and interpret data, define realistic timelines for studies and meet delivery deadlines
- Work closely with and communicate results to multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- PhD in Life Sciences or related disciplines
- Experience in hiPSC differentiation is required
- Good knowledge of molecular biology is required
- Experience in genome engineering is a plus
- Fluent in English, both oral and writing
- Basic knowledge of German is required
We offer you the special opportunity to help shape the development of a new research company in an interdisciplinary team with pioneering spirit. You will be given exciting tasks with responsibility and room for initiative and personal development. The salary depends on your qualifications and professional experience and is calculated in accordance with the civil service salary scales.
The position is initially limited until 31.12.2022.
Please send us your application documents with CV, references or letters of recommendation as a PDF file.