Scientist/Post-doc – Biochemistry (gn)
ISAR Bioscience GmbH is a translational research company in Planegg near Munich, supported by the Free State of Bavaria.
Our research focuses on (auto-)immune diseases, degenerative diseases of the brain (Alzheimer’s) and heart diseases (infarction, cardiac failure). We use human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technologies to develop disease models for the discovery of novel drugs and cell therapies. In doing so, we enter into strategic partnerships with research institutions and industrial companies.
We are looking for Scientists/Post-doc to join our team (full-time position). Suitable candidates will join a vibrant and growing Start-up company, which is developing the next generation of disease models by differentiating human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC) into relevant cells of interest.
- Contribution to research and development of novel therapies for neuro-degenerative diseases (including culture of macrophages, e.g. microglia cells)
- Establish and maintain cell lines for production of proteins under quality-controlled conditions,
- Design, optimize, purify and characterize (therapeutic) antibodies
- Establish and perform analytical studies and method validations (using ELISA, FACS and related methods)
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Protein Engineering , Immunology or related field
- Experience in immunological technologies, such as FACS investigation of immune cells
- mammalian cell culture, transfections and protein purification and characterization is essential
- Thorough understanding or experience in instrumental analytics, protein biophysics or quality management standards would be a plus
- Experience in neuroimmunology and/or neuroinflammation is a plus
We offer the special opportunity to help shape the development of a new research company in an interdisciplinary team with pioneering spirit. You will be given exciting tasks and personal development. The salary will depend on qualifications and professional experience and is calculated in accordance with the civil service salary scales. The position is initially temporary.
Please send your cover letter and complete application documents with CV, references/ recommendation letters to email@example.com. Please indicate “CTO” in the subject line. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Christiane Schiegerl, Tel: 089–356475-413, or Prof. Dr. Martin Lohse, Chairman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send us your application documents with CV, references or letters of recommendation as a PDF file.