ISAR Bioscience GmbH is a translational research company in Planegg near Munich, supported by the Free State of Bavaria.
Our research focuses on (auto-)immune diseases, degenerative diseases of the brain (Alzheimer’s) and heart diseases (infarction, cardiac failure). We use human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technologies to develop disease models for the discovery of novel drugs and cell therapies. In doing so, we enter into strategic partnerships with research institutions and industrial companies
To expand our “Neurodegeneration Program” team, we are filling the position full-time as of 01.04.2023
Scientist – Neurodegeneration (gn)
- Develop a robust, reproducible and scalable 2D/3D co-culture system to model human Alzheimer’s disease pathology using cells derived from induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)
- Establish robust and scalable assays to monitor activation status of microglia within the 2D/3D co-culture system using a combination of imaging technologies and biochemical assays
- Develop, optimize and perform standardized protocols to comprehensively characterize neurons, microglia and other relevant disease model cells within a cellular co-culture model
- Critically analyze and interpret data and define realistic timelines for studies
- Work closely with and communicate results to internal teams as well as to external partners
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Stem Cell Biology, (Neuro)Immunology or related field
- Experience using iPSC-based technologies
- Experience in neuroscience and characterization of neurodegenerative models
- Experience in deriving and utilizing neuronal cultures for cellular modelling of disease (e.g. iPSC-derived neuronal cultures, organoids, microglia, astrocytes, etc)
- Experience in embedding and culturing cells in a 3D matrix (e.g. matrigel, hydrogels, brain-on-a-chip) is a plus
- Experience in neuroimmunology and/or neuroinflammation is a plus
- Good command of English (both written and spoken); Knowledge of German is an advantage
We offer the special opportunity to help shape the development of a new research company in an interdisciplinary team with pioneering spirit. You will be given exciting tasks and personal development. The salary will depend on qualifications and professional experience and is calculated in accordance with the civil service salary scales. The position is initially temporary.
Please send your cover letter and complete application documents with CV, references/ recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the title of the job advertisement in the subject line. Alternatively you can use the Application Form below.
Dr. Christiane Schiegerl
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Please send us your application documents with CV, references or letters of recommendation as a PDF file.