ISAR Bioscience GmbH is a translational research company in Planegg near Munich, supported by the Free State of Bavaria.
Our research focuses on degenerative diseases of the brain (Alzheimer’s), the heart (infarction, cardiac insufficiency) and the immune system. We use induced pluripotent stem cell technologies (iPSC) to develop disease models for the discovery of novel drugs. In doing so, we enter into strategic partnerships with research institutions and industrial companies.
To expand our “Neurodegeneration Program” team, we are filling the position full-time as of 01.04.2023
Scientist – Blood Brain Barrier (gn)
- Develop a robust and reproducible system to model the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) using stable cell lines or/and hiPSC-derived cells
- Establish robust and scalable assays to monitor delivery of biologics, such as antibodies for brain disorder
- Develop and optimize BBB targeting antibodies
- Critically analyze and interpret data and define realistic timelines for studies
- Work closely with and communicate results to internal teams as well as to external partners
- PhD in Neuroscience, Vascular Biology, (Neuro)immunology or a related discipline
- Industry experience is a plus
- Background in BBB research or vascular biology
- Experience in protein engineering, protein design and protein production (preferable)
- Antibody engineering background (valuable)
- Knowledge of the drug discovery/development space would be an asset
- Experience with transwell or microfluidic device and high-resolution microscopy like confocal is a plus
- Good command of English (both written and spoken); Knowledge of German is an advantage
We offer the special opportunity to help shape the development of a new research company in an interdisciplinary team with pioneering spirit. You will be given exciting tasks and personal development. The salary will depend on qualifications and professional experience and is calculated in accordance with the civil service salary scales. The position is initially temporary.
Please send your cover letter and complete application documents with CV, references/ recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the title of the job advertisement in the subject line. Alternatively you can use the Application Form below.
Dr. Christiane Schiegerl
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Please send us your application documents with CV, references or letters of recommendation as a PDF file.