Group Leader – Stem Cell Research (gn) – full time position
ISAR Bioscience GmbH is a translational research company in Planegg near Munich, supported by the Free State of Bavaria.
Our research focuses on (auto-)immune diseases, degenerative diseases of the brain (Alzheimer’s) and heart diseases (infarction, cardiac failure). We use human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technologies to develop disease models for the discovery of novel drugs and cell therapies. In doing so, we enter into strategic partnerships with research institutions and industrial companies.
We are looking for a group leader to manage our stem cell program. The candidate will join a vibrant and growing Start-up company, which is developing the next generation of disease models and therapies using human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC). Successful candidates must have several years of experience in the hiPSC field. Ideally, she/he will have expertise in the selection, acquisition, banking, differentiation and use of hiPSCs and their derivatives for a variety of projects in different disease areas, including the development of products, services and therapies.
- Direct and manage our stem cell program with a team of highly-qualified scientists, including PhD and master students.
- Establish, develop and manage new projects with specific therapeutic goals in the stem cell field.
- Coordinate the acquisition and generation, quality control, banking, differentiation (including 2D- and 3D models) and distribution of hiPSC lines and derivatives for their use in various applications such as disease-model development, drug screening and cell therapy.
- Establish and manage collaborations with external partners.
- Develop and secure IP
- PhD in stem cell biology or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in the stem cell field and preferably experience in program leadership.
- Experience in IP development and protection.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
We offer you the special opportunity to help shape the development of a new research company at the interface between academia and industry in an interdisciplinary team with pioneering spirit. You will be given exciting tasks with responsibility and room for initiative and personal development. The salary depends on your qualifications and professional experience and is calculated in accordance with the civil service salary scales.
Please send your cover letter and complete application documents with CV, references/ recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “CTO” in the subject line. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Christiane Schiegerl, Tel: 089-356475-413, or Prof. Dr. Martin Lohse, Chairman (email@example.com).
Please send us your application documents with CV, references or letters of recommendation as a PDF file.