Chief Technology Officer (gn)
ISAR Bioscience GmbH is a newly founded translational research company in Planegg near Munich, supported by the State of Bavaria.
Our research focuses on degenerative diseases of the brain (Alzheimer’s), the heart (infarction, cardiac failure) and the immune system. We use human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPS) technologies to develop disease models for the discovery of novel drugs and cell therapies. In doing so, we enter into strategic partnerships with research institutions and industrial companies.
We are looking for an experienced scientist to join our management team (full-time position). You will join a vibrant and growing start-up company which is developing novel therapeutic agents based on disease models using immune cells and human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC). You will scout for, establish and develop cutting edge research technologies, and you will organize and develop our research infrastructure.
- Team and lab organization, infrastructure, service and safety
- Scouting for and implementation of relevant technologies
- In depth knowledge of and practical experience in handling living mammalian cells including immune cells, cardiomyocytes and neuron-like cells, and their successful (long-term) cell culture, measurement of surface markers and other bio markers
- Establishment and implementation of technologies and quality management: differentiation and cultivation of numerous cell types for the generation of disease models, production of proteins, including antibodies and their fragments as novel therapeutics, and their purification Practical experience in compound screening for small molecules, peptides and proteins including antibodies and their fragments
- Conception and development of research programs and technologies
- PhD in Life Sciences or related disciplines
- Track record as a member of the management in academia and/or industry
- Experience in team and lab organization as well as project management
- Fluent in English and preferably also in German
We offer you the special opportunity to shape the development of a new research company in an interdisciplinary team with pioneering spirit. You will have the opportunity to develop research programs, internal and external collaborations and to realize your own ideas and concepts. The salary will depend on your professional experience and is calculated in accordance with the civil service salary scales. The position is initially limited until 31.12.2024.
Please send your cover letter and complete application documents with CV, references/ recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “CTO” in the subject line. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Christiane Schiegerl, Tel: 089–356475-413, or Prof. Dr. Martin Lohse, Chairman (email@example.com).
Please send us your application documents with CV, references or letters of recommendation as a PDF file.